Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Injured.

:(
I did something to my quad.
Hurt it during crossfit...
Ugh, was not happy-especially since I wasn't even 1/2 way into the work out when my quad seized up.
I am excited to announce, however that I learned how to do snatches this morning with Danni, and was up to 35lbs. Yay! Gotta start somewhere right! Plus the WOD was pretty awful.
Attempted to do a spin class right after and failed miserably.
Couldn't add any resistence without feeling severe pain in my quad.
My theory is that due to my increased amount of spin training over the past 8 months, my quad have become the power-house muscle in my leg, thus even when I am doing squats-my quads are the muscles taking the most toll.

Food Journal of today:
Breakfast: 1/2 banana, strawberries, satsuma orange and almond butter
Lunch: Southwest Chicken Salad from Bob's-Burgers and Brew (ate about 1/2)
Snuck a few of Brookie's Jojos... Yuuummm :p
Mid-day snack: A few bites of salad ^
1/2 banana, strawberries and almond butter

Enjoyed a massage this afternoon, now heading to the gym to hang out before my writing class tonight.
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment