Monday, February 6, 2012

Blessed Life

I have been bad about the diet-again. I can't help that I ended up going out on Saturday! And under peer pressure I gave in to the American diet. Agghhh! Pizza, chips and pie! Yikesss.

I was back on task today-at least more so.

For the first time ever I taught crossfit and part of a spin class! I am so excited to be provided these opportunities. I am really living a dream-come-true. This is exactly where I want to be right now. Ironic that I am thinking that because yesterday I interviewed a gymnast whom used to look up to me. Her skill level has surpassed me due to some coaching changes and it saddens me that I, who wanted it so bad, was not provided the same opportunities. In fact, the coaches I've had to deal with have really effected me mentally and I've found that looking back into the darkness of my past is agonizing and always leaves me feeling cursed. Thoughts of my past flitted through my head today and weakened my spirit until I got to teach my exercise classes.

I was nervous for both but during the time I taught I became considerably more comfortable from start to finish. Likewise, I was given an incredible amount of good feedback that left me feeling so blessed to be in this position. If I had continued on in the sport of gymnastics-I would likely still be competing at a college now but I honestly think this is better. I am much more content in my life now than I have ever been.

I am so blessed.

Ok, here's the food download for today:

Bkfast- 1/2 almond butter and jam sandwich, with banana's and strawberries and a little honey drizzled in between the slices of whole wheat bread.

Lunch- Salad, bread sticks and minestrone soup from Olive Garden
-2 bread sticks
-1 bowl soup
-Salad? No idea the amount...A lot. Haha!

Dinner- 1/2 almond butter and jam sandwich ^^^
-1 hardboiled egg
-4 tbls cottage cheese

Late Night Snack-
-2 egg omelet: sprinkled parmesean, pesto, cooked onions, guac, avocado, salsa
-Small handfull of corn chips

Dessert-1/2 banana
-5 raspberries
-Small handful almonds

Not bad overall-except for the bread thrown in through out the day...
It's a work in process. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment