Monday, February 13, 2012

Crossfit Update

Since the leg injury I have been eating crappy...again.

Plus the work outs had been way laid back-didn't work out Friday and only did 2 of my own WODS in Boise, Id.


Came back feeling rather irritated but determined.

I taught my first spin class this afternoon. It went alright. I think I did a good job of getting everyone a good work out, I hope at least. And since it was my first time without an instructor in the class, I think it'll get better from here!

Chilled with Dani most of the day-learning RIPPED routines and watching spin videos. Actually I think we mostly did a lot of talking...

Zumba'd for 45 or so minutes.
Did some muscle ups. Brooke finally got hers! And after she did her first one, she did like 5 more!!!
Then crossfit time...
I honestly didn't feel good prior to the work out and I anticipated that the work out would suck. It did...



150 pull ups later this was the end result...


We did the WOD in sets of 10, up to 50.


100 m row, 10 pull ups, 10 air squats


200m, 20, 20--->up to 50.


It was in my last round that I knew I was going to rip. I actually figured I would after the set of 40 because I know how my hands feel prior to ripping. I had no idea it would be such a big, bloody mess though. I was only on about 24 of my set of 50 when I felt it rip. And the last 25 were the worst pull ups I'd ever had to endure. I didn't think I was going to be able to make it. The hand wasn't burning as much as I just couldn't hang on without slipping, as well as my forearms were unbelievably limp by that time. I somehow got through and was the first one of our group done, but I was still irritated at my performance. If only I had been eating right. I know that's the key to improvement for me at this point in the sport but I am always eating out it seems and food is literally my drug. Making a permenant change is the struggle I will overcome.

After the work out, I literally thought I was going to pass out as well as I was unbelievably shaky. My evening meal was much better-
~A protein shake
~2 eggs
~1tblsp of avocado
~2 cups of spinach
My ideal meal-and thus far one of the few meals I know how to measure accurately.

I will be teaching crossfit tomorrow night-subbing!

No comments:

Post a Comment