Monday, March 26, 2012

Blame it on my A.D.D.

Jenny Labaw. I love this video compilation! And the music!

This past weekend I was on the other side of the mountains watching the state gymnastics meet. Watching didn't affect me so much, it was later taking advantage of open gym time at another training facility. As I began to do some skills, I came to the surprising realization that I am better than when I was when I left the sport over a year ago. This actually almost bothered me.
It seemed unfair that I spent so many years trying to get into the best shape of my life, to be the best gymnast I could be and yet now that I am no longer in that atmosphere, I have since dropped 10lbs while simultaneously building muscle. It seems so unfair and totally ironic. So much infact that I have made the decision to return...
I know, I know...This is the 4th comeback. It's usually said that 3rd times the charm. Coaches have tried to keep me out. It's almost embarrassing making a fourth comeback, but I've figured, if I can do it and be better than I ever was, then why not? I am going to begin training in summer of 2012. I have some goals. Skills I never achieved but was so close. And there is still that desire to return to Western Nationals that has been in my mind for the past 6 years. It wont go away until I finish what I started.
This is what made the change in my heart and soul.
I am training with such a purpose and passion in the crossfit gym.
Not only do I want to return to the sport of gymnastics, but I likewise, want so badly to make it to the crossfit games. I have my heart and mind set on 2014.
What would it take to make it there? Even more lofty, what would it take to become the fittest world on the planet? To compete with the likes of Kristin Clever and Annie Thorisdottir?
Likewise, my goal is to lose a bit more weight and likewise, gain some more muscle. I know I am doing everything physically possible to do this except the eating portion of my life.
Today began the first more stringent paleo diet day. I did allow the protein drinks I had been supplementing for my recovery after crossfit work outs. Likewise, there was cottage cheese included, as well as a small amount of dressing on my salads, but other than that I think I did alright as far as eating clean and paleo today.
My Day looked like this:BKFST: 1/2 orange before crossfit
10:30am-11:30am-First Crossfit Training Session
NON PALEO-1/2 protein drink + Spark
12-1pm- My Spin Class (Taught by me)
LUNCH:2 Egg Omelet- (Non-paleo included: parmesean cheese, pesto and salsa) + carbs included onions and mushrooms + fat=avocado and cottage cheese...
Snack-Fruit Smoothie +non paleo included protein powder + 1 tbls of apple juice
Salad with tons of veggies, cottage cheese, 1/2 egg, avocado, almonds, dressing
5:30-6:15pm-Second Spin Class (Feeling rather fatigued)
6:30-7:30pm-Round 2 of crossfit-Dear god, what was I thinking?!
Dinner- Salad (same as above + pickles)
8 oz fruit smoothie (same as above)
On a different note, Brooke and I went down to the mall today and got me this sweet pair of tennis shoes! First pair in like over a year. My other shoes actually have a hole in the top so I really needed these. Plus they were on sale for $50. Made my day!
Crossfit WOD 3/26/12-Monday:
2 rounds:
Max Pull ups
15 DB burpee thrusters (15lbs)
Max push ups
10 WB shots (2 in 1) (10lbs)
Max shoulder presses (55lbs) (45lbs)
500 m row
Part 1:
First round- 30, 50, 3 (55lbs-sp)
Second round-21, 51, 6 " "
Time: 23:44min
Part 2:
First Round- 32, 40, 10 (45lbs-sp)
Second Round-18, 53, 8 " "
Time: 21.09
Bring on tomorrow baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment